Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bus driver returns passenger’s N429,000 in Oshogbo

A mini bus driver in Osogbo, Osun state was on Saturday commended for being a true selfless Nigerian after he returned N49,000 cash and a cheque of N380,000 to the owner who left a purse containing the money and the cheque in his bus. 

The owner was said to have boarded the mini-bus from Fakunle area of Osogbo to Aregbe. The owner of the items, Mrs Olubunmi Adeleke, a teacher at Our Lady and St. Francis College, Osogbo who left the purse containing the items never thought it would be returned to her. It was only a sad moment for when she realized her mistake. 

Mrs Adeleke lives at Agunbelewo area of Osogbo while the cheque was written in her favour from her co-operative society. Speaking in Osogbo, Mrs. Adeleke said, “I was really devastated when I realised that I had misplaced the purse. “I got the N380,000 cheque from my cooperative for a private project. 

I was about to give up all hope when the bus driver traced me and returned all my money and personal effects intact,” she said. The God fearing 33-year-old driver, Bisi Oladimeji, who lives in Ikirun, but operates in Osogbo with a mini bus registered, XA 76 RGB said that although he was in need of money he could have just parted with such money which obviously was not hers, “I couldn’t have taken what is not mine.” She said Oladimeji said he became a bus driver since he could not get a white-collar job. 

In His words, “I have a Higher National Diploma,HND, in Accountancy from the Federal Polytechnic, Offa. The bus is not my own; I am just a hired driver; I do it to keep soul and body together.” He said he sat for the recent Osun Civil Service Commission recruitment examination and scored 199, adding that “although I don’t know whether I would be employed, but I know that only God can bless me. “When I saw the purse in my bus, I checked inside and found an identity card showing where the passenger works,” he said. 

When asked how he locate the owner of the purse, Oladimeji said, “I traced the school in Isale Aro area of Osogbo and from there, I was directed to Mrs. Adeleke’s house and I gave her the purse. Everything in the purse was intact when she checked inside.” - DailyPost

No comments:

Post a Comment